Thursday 24 October 2013

Secrets of a Chalet Girl- Lorraine Wilson

After the success of Confessions of a Chalet Girl (read my thoughts on it here) , Lorraine Wilson has come back with another short book about love on the slopes.

This time we find Flora in Verbier alongside the wealthy playboys. From the start of the novella I wanted to know more about her, she seemed to be quietly confident and on a journey of self discovery.  Flora has been betrayed before, but surely Verbier is the perfect place to meet an eligible batchelor?

Enter Zac, devilishly good looking and fully aware of his charms, Flora is immediately attracted to him.  When her friends dare her to approach him, she plucks up the courage to take the plunge and the story begins...

Handsome Zac set my heart aflutter and there is definitely something about the winter landscape, log cabins and roaring fires that appeals to my romantic side.  Although he comes across as a bit cock-sure I still found myself drawn to him and he makes a great love interest for Flora.  This one is definitely raunchier than the previous Chalet Girl book, and whilst not veering right over into erotica there are definitely elements of this book that will appeal to fans of that genre too.

I also loved how the friendship between the girls was portrayed, they seem like so much fun and I wished I had a group of friends who looked out for each other the way they do.  Although I'm not convinced I could keep up with their partying!

For pure escapism and raunchy romance, Secrets of a Chalet Girl is a great wintery read-grab a hot chocolate and warm croissant and cosy up with it under a duvet. Now I'm off to dream about my latest book crush...

Secrets of a Chalet Girl is out now, published by Harper Impulse.

8/10

With thanks to Harper Impulse for providing me with a copy of this book in return for an honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment